Thursday, December 17, 2009

Poor Little B.S.s'

Oh dear, when it comes to the defense of Brussels sprouts, I could cry. It's just one of those vegetables that cannot and will not be appreciated naked, so to speak. It has to be lathered in a thick coating of butter before anyone thinks to eat it. I, on the other hand, could eat roasted brussels sprouts all day long and am sure that if caught between choosing chocolate over brussel sprouts, would choose the latter. HERE is what i do:

1.Oven: 400 F
2.cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and then cut them in half.
3. soak them in warm water with about 1tbsp salt for 5-10 min( get rid of any critters)
4. coat them in olive oil and some salt then place on a cookie sheet
5.roast for 20-30 min(depending on how crunchy or soft you want them)
6. EAT(all of them in my case).

In case that didn't make your mouth water as much as it made mine, maybe this will:

1 cup of brussels sprouts has:
-125% daily value of Vit.C
-195% D.V. of Vit.K
-low in fat and cholesterol
-and is a good source of riboflavin

This is Alexis Leduc on behalf of brussels sprouts worldwide, telling you to just give them a chance.

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention that along with having 125% of dairly vit. c, 195% or dv or vit. k., and being low cholesterol..that best reason to eat them is because they are SUPER TASTY!!! and ohh girl, i mean TASTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember eating them as a child (I think my mother didn't even *try*), so I basically just discovered a few months back that I love them! I feel like such a rebel outcast that I do, and I like watching people's faces scrunch when I tell them (more for me!).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your site by accident and I just love your blog. I eat mostly veggies and I know that Brussels sprouts are ver healthy food
    I'm following you!
    Welcome to the blogosphere! If you need anything to ask please let me know.
    :)

    ReplyDelete